Monday, January 11, 2010

Of man and rat

This weekend the mighty forces of the Rat Tau will join with the last remains of an Imperial Guard scout fleet and renegade group of Goblins that have equipped themselves for battle and smashed their way into the mercenary trade.

In other words, I am entering a tournament in which I will team up with two Imperial Guard armies to play through a series of games over two days including one Apocalypse game featuring Derikari and myself with Micros lads (those left alive after a Cities of Death game) as strategic reserves. Overall it should be an entertaining and educational tournament but enough of that, onto the details.

Under the instruction of Imperial Star Commander Deri Ka-Ri I will be fielding no less than five tank hulls within my 1'750 point list. As an overview my list for the tournament will consist of;
Many Crisis Suits
Mech Infantry
Hammerheads
Broadsides

A simple list reminiscent of a simpler time. I have, over the past weeks experimented with pathfinders and piranhas, drone teams and stealth suits. I even had a brief affair with the beautiful and deadly Commander Shadowsun but none of these could fulfil me the way that railguns and a torrent of S5 AP5 fire can. Plasma and fusion be damned! When the final skimmer has come crashing to the dirt and the last crisis has fallen to its knees I will stand tall and say that I did it my way with not an ethereal to be seen... That said I have still taken two plasma rifles in the list.

The plan is simple. Move and shoot. The broadsides will remain generally static though for an army to attack them directly they will have to run the gauntlet first. As always, I will be vulnerable to outflanking and possibly to deep striking TeQs though I have faced both and found that dealing with them was was a pinch so long as you are ready for it and the crisis suits stay within range to support the broadsides up until they are definitely lost.

What I have learned:
It's difficult to rate Broadsides highly enough. They may not last the whole game but then, they may not need to.

2 comments:

  1. Last sentence is amazingly accurate. I have to fully agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in ur blog, commenting ur posts. The Blood Angels are now both ravenous and head-equiped. Death company, charge!

    ReplyDelete