Monday, December 7, 2009

Needs More Fire Warrior

You really cannot have too many Fire Warriors from what I've seen so far.
During this weeks games I amended my list in order to both make use of the very powerful Airburst Frag Projector and try to make better use of my Fire Warriors whos Str 5 AP 5 weapons I had hitherto failed to truly appreciate.
Over the course of two evenings play I only drew one win out of six games though I did manage a clutch of draws one of which should have been a definite win and one of which really should have been a loss had it not been for unbelievable luck.

Fortunately throughout these games I had the opportunity to face a number of Imperial Guard armies which was a welcome change from the Marines however it did highlight the flaws in my low shot number, low AP plasma rifle fetish that I had acquired the previous week. The large number of battlesuits that I brought carrying missile pods were largely unable to effectively move the massed Imperial Guard off an objective particularly when they were both in cover and under the effect of the 'Incoming!' order.

In light of this, the primary lesson for this week was with respect to markerlights and the realisation of just how powerful (read necessary) they are for a Tau army to play aggressively which, after seeing how effective battlesuits within 18 inches in a strategy that I will try to follow more closely. In the low point games that I am playing at the moment however I feel that I do not have the room for a relatively expensive Pathfinder team which makes this heavy use of markerlights possible however the presence of one of these plus a target lock within a Fire Warrior team adds a significant level of flexibility when things start to take an unexpected turn such as a Hellhound approaching your precious scoring units and refusing to die.

In other news there is a conversion competition coming up at my local GW so, provided I improve my photo taking ability I should have some more shots of my entry up in the next couple of weeks. As for the regular army conversions the Fire Warriors are still progressing slowly, oh so slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment